Sunday, February 25, 2007

We lead busy lives.
We lead lives where we need to consciously make an attempt to tell ourselves, ‘Enjoy the simple stuff’. We need to reach out to those experiences which nourish our soul and make us forget our worries and count our blessings.

Recently I felt this most amazing feeling- thefeeling just so damn happy and lucky to be alive. Thanks to music for the soul by three brilliant artists who performed live at the Barbican.The African Soul Rebels 2007 tour featured Akli D, Ba Cissoko and Femi Kuti. ( Listening to the music clips on Barbican + itunes highly recommended)

It was an electric evening…all of us in the audience spent the better part of the evening dancing – in the aisles, at the entrance to the venue, at the exit to the venue, wherever we could find the space to dance. The songs/peices ranged from the political, politically incorrect, funny and plain melodious. The instruments ranged from the kora, various versions of the guitar, drums and saxophone. This was our Valentine’s Day outing folks.

As I laughed, danced and, gasped for breath in that dark hall full of people from various countries and backgrounds, I whispered a tiny thank you to the powers above- for placing me in that hall, listening to music that was just so damn brilliant, with the one I love.

Damn- I am one lucky girl !