I heard the various types of moans women express in the throes of sexual ecstasy.
I heard what women wanted to dress their vagina in - velvet, diamonds, something in pink,chocolate...the list went on and on...
I heard a woman reclaiming the word- cunt and asking other women to reclaim it as well. Hell, I was shouting with everyone else- cunt, cunt, cunt!
I heard a story of woman raped in Bosnia as she tenderly said- my vagina was my village...
I heard the story of a 72 year old woman who spoke of the 'flood' down there when she first experienced sexual pleasure at the age of 16 and then...nothing...till last week when she experienced the 'flood' again, on her own...
I heard a woman who said she was the vagina and was angry that she was asked to put a wad of cotton up her vagina every month...then there was the woman who spoke of her experiences when she went to a vagina workshop and felt that she didn't have a clitoris-till she found it in the workshop...
There were more stories but these are the ones I remember now.
Had read the book but the play is better.
Every woman and every man who cares for women must see a performance of 'The Vagina Monologues'. This year's V-Day ( which just passed by on Feb.14th) theme of -'Until the violence stops' needs your support. Support it in any way you can. I hope I can see another production of the play- maybe by Eve Ensler herself - Inshallah!
Saturday, March 03, 2007
Posted by
Sunrayz
at
12:24 am
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)

|