I decided to leave London.
For a day that is.
And I set out to Ashford (also known as Ashford International- the last stop Eurostar makes before crossing the English Channel to reach mainland Europe) .To see my friend S. I had written about her earlier.I reached there by 2pm and I think we achieved a lot from then on to 11pm when we reached home.Kent is BEAUTIFUL!
We drove from Ashford to Canterbury. The 30 min drive was really nice. Full of rolling valleys and fields. We reached just in time to see the Canterbury Cathedral. It looks very impressive. Personally I found it to be probably the best touristy spot UK has in terms of having so much history, spirituality and myth rolled into one. I have heard that Stonehenge is better.We spent almost two hours there and I felt I could spend do much more time there.I am going back to that place very soon.We had a lazy coffee at one of the cafes and drove back.
S wanted to watch a movie and we saw 'Its all gone Pete Tong'.It has been marketed as a 'comedy'.But one guy's descent into addiction and disability (hearing loss) is not a comedy , by any strech of imagination- NO WAY! It has its kight moments but I still can't classify it as a comedy. But the movie is different. It potrays (it is one perspective, there must be many more) the harsh world of showbiz and the dark side of being a celebrity, very realistically. It is inspiring in its own way and if it is based on a true story, as what the movie claims, I think it is worth seeing it once. Actually, you can watch it anyway. But it is not a movie to be watched if you want to relax. It is a 'heavy' movie and might make you wince,more than once.
We got back, ate Indian food and chatted away till well past midnight. Had to get back to London today. So got up pretty early and reached home by midday. Leaving home for a day was great! Thank God for good friends :)
Update: Found this on the web. I guess the movie is based on a true story.The website is pretty comprehensive.
Monday, May 30, 2005
MyBreak@Ashford
Posted by
Sunrayz
at
5:12 pm
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)

|