Tuesday, May 31, 2005

I am taking a break from the library. This is one of the few times I have spent almost the entire day at the library. There are lots of stuff going on apart from studying.

Students who are romantically involved sit next to each other and keep smiling v.coyly at each other :)

Sometimes they touch each other. Repeatedly. And again, smile at each other.

At other times one of them decides the shoulder of the other is a nice place to relax- so their head kinda makes its way there.

The unwrapping of chocolates/candy is pretty constant. And we all know the crushing/crinkling sound of chocolates being unwrapped.

The other regular sound is of folks opening drink cans/ bottles- the pop and hiss of the carbonated drinks is unique.

The opening and closing of doors.Of course.

Footsteps,followed by the visual treat of various faces who peep into the room (where I was sitting)just to check out who is studying.

And if they find someone, then the whispering between them. (Gahhhhhh!)

Buses and cars speeding by.

The sound of photocopies being made- this one gets to me the most actually.

And thankfully despite all this , I did manage to get a fair amount of work done.
More tomorrow.