Tuesday, December 21, 2004

From home...

Had a good journey back home. Flew SriLankan and I think it was one of my best journeys so far. The stopover at Male was simply breathtaking. Such beauty-phew! Maldives must be God’s own place on earth. Turquoise blue lagoons surrounded the runaway for aircraft. Wish we could get out and explore the place. Someday I will. Reached home on time and since then have been relaxing like I never did in the last six months.

Bangalore, Bangalore! I can’t get enough of the city. Slept thru’ yesterday and most of today morning. But it has been good since then. Went to see an uncle of mine who had a bypass surgery. Was amazed at how soon he is getting dischsrged from the hospital. The surgery took place last Tuesday and he was sent home exactly a week later. Cardio thoracic surgery has made such progress. Amazing! Wounds heal faster and patients are encouraged to get active faster–thanks to newer medicines and understanding of the way the body responds to the stress of an operation.

The weather is the biggest plus point. Sun and cool breeze...this is truly what I need after the stress of all the assignments and tests.