This seems like a good time to write about many things we did in London over the last few months. You know the kind of stuff one thinks one will write about when one is going through the experience, kind of like,’ ohhhhh….I am going to blog about this like this, I will write this or that etc’ and it never happens because I run out of time and the drive to write about it.
So one Saturday night one of Aj’s colleagues told us about this gig which was to take place at London’s famous Jazz café in Camden. The group performing was called Zap Mama :) The name sounded interesting. We were told that the group could be classified under the genre of international music. That raised our interest further. So we made promised each other that we'd cut down on buying juice and other expenses and spend on this gig. Jazz Café was everything I thought it would be. It has loads of character, a very informal and mature feel to it. Met Aj’s colleagues who were nice but I felt that they were like most doctors- pretty unidimensional. Aj and myself make an effort to not be like many doctors and talk about patients, salaries and holidays to be taken. I think we are pretty ok at doing that. Anyway I am straying away from the point.
Zap Mama came on stage pretty late. Very unprofessional. But they were so damn good once they started performing. Their singing and their music was a mixture of African and European sounds and styles. It was very energetic. The fact that the crowd did not leave though they were so late is a testimony to their popularity on London’s club scene. Their website is also pretty cool plus it has pictures from their gig in London. Check it out.
Friday, December 24, 2004
Zap Mama at the Jazz Cafe
Posted by
Sunrayz
at
2:39 pm
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)

|