
It is Diwali, the festival of lights! Happy Diwali to everyone who reads this! London is cold and wet,and, me - I was doing statistics with my friend F. So that's how exciting it has been for me. With my first assessment coming up, not much time to party. But my visit to Hackney (where my friend stays) has been great.The bus goes through a part of London I don't know much of.
The walk to my friend's house takes me through the heart of Turkish London.Went into a Turkish market to see what kind of stuff they have. And it was amazing- dried fruits, all sorts of sweets, fruits and even Turkish Cola. I was told that there is an African open market somewhere in the same area. It is supposed to be an experience - full of African women (from W.Africa) selling bananas and mangoes ( and many more fresh fruits and veggies) for a great price. F stays in this most amazing place - a loft apartment, which is converted from a part of an old cotton factory which stood there. Did stats listening to the sound track of Frida. Had loads of stimulating conversations about the health policies in various parts of the world, Salvador Allende, and facism over cups of freshly brewed authentic Italian Espresso coffee.Wonderful!
I am missing home quite a bit but, oh, thank God I live in London! I am sure I would not have had so many new experiences, met so many interesting people and, had so many different kinds of stuff to do,if I was anywhere else in the UK :-)
Friday, November 12, 2004
Happy Diwali
Posted by
Sunrayz
at
9:52 pm
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)

|