My close friend ,S, is getting married in 3 weeks. I have worked with her and taught her as her senior in the past.We have been friends since we parted ways 3 years back. So, when she came to visit us 3 weeks ago to invite us for her wedding, we were wondering what to give her as a wedding present. She called yesterday full of pre-wedding blues kinda phenomena ,so had to calm her nerves a little. She knows the guy for more than 10 years so things shouldn't be very bad I guess! She leaves tomorrow for India so I am going to Heathrow to see her off.
Anyway, coming back to the wedding gift .So we decided to give her good memories as a gift. Considering that she is currently working in the UK and that her fiance is in the USA, giving her the traditional gifts didn't make sense as she would most probably have to leave it behind. So what did we do?
We decided to take her to a Diana Krall concert at the Royal Albert Hall(RAH). I think watching anything at the RAH is an experience you will not forget . S loved it .It also helped that the three of us who went were all fans of Krall. Krall was really good (for those who are interested in her music here is the review from the show we went to). We got back home and I then fed her well :) We had pulav,raita, ice cream and chocolate mousse. We chatted for while and then called it a day.
The next day I again made stuff for her to eat and we gossiped like crazy.We then made her see 'Jhankaar Beats' on the laptop and we laughed a whole lot! She left in the evening and I sent some more food with her for her journey. She really relaxed and had a whole lot of fun. I hope she has a great married life and that she remembers the 'gift' we gave her. Good Luck to my dear friend !

Diana Krall photo from www.vervemusicgroup.com
Tuesday, November 30, 2004
Diana Krall as a wedding gift !
Posted by
Sunrayz
at
8:49 pm
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)

|