Tuesday, November 30, 2004

16/20

Ok ,so I got the results of the 'Extended epidemiology' unit I am doing. And I got 16/20 - wish it was not an MCQ exam though. Damn, I hate those kinda tests. For example, I would've got 17 had it not been for the urge I had to correct ,what I thought was a wrong answer.Give me the same question in a real life scenario and I will write a good answer. I felt, had I been younger, like when I was doing my undergrad - I would've felt REAL bad. As if I was not good enough, that there were so many people better than me ( Aj would say that I continue to feel the same till date- but I think I have changed:)),that I HAD to be in the top five (ok,I was a nerd I guess!)blah,blah. But now I study more because I want to, and not so much because I have to. So people - I am pretty happy with my 16/20 even tho' some in my class have got more than me!

Three more tests coming up before the 15th of December so I will have to continue to be on top of my studies. In between all this we had to choose our study units for terms 2 and 3. And for the record ,this is what I will be doing-
Term 2
- Study design and writing a proposal-
because I have to learn how to do a systematic review:(
- Conflict and health
(it's an area I have worked in the past so is close to
my heart)
- Medical anthropology in public health
(something I have wanted to do since a long time)
- International mental health (had to do it)
Term 3
- Epidemiology and control of non-communicable
diseases(have to do it)
- Economics of health care systems( because I kinda
like health economics,and think it will be pretty cool
to figure our how governments spend on health)
...and then EXAMS in June!!!! So, I stop here.

Aj is back and it's dinner time folks!