Yesterday London was hit by thunderstorms. I was not expecting the weather to change so dramatically, as it has been warm for a the last few days. I don't think anyone did.The English weather in all its unpredictable glory!
Around 3:30 pm the skies turned dark and the rains started - and it was a torrential downpour with a whole lot of lightning. It was the worst I had seen in my life. The phrase, claps of thunder ,comes to mind. The lightning was so bad that it hit four girls at Hyde Park and the last I heard ,one of them was fighting for her life.
I remember watching programs on lightning on National Geographic and remember that they have a classification.....so I am pretty sure that the what I saw yesterday was a could-to-ground lightning. I was on my way back from the gym when it worsened , saw people stranded alongthe way, some roads flooded,and, the babies in the bus were wailing.....poor things!
Anyway, I got back and made a rice recipe which I had earlier from my mom (who had made it for Shyls's birthday- happy birthday sister!) and I managed to put an extra bit of thunder to that too!! It was really HOT!! Aj and me had it with a whole lot of curds and then it was ok!!
Oh,well it was alright in the end. You see my brains got rattled with all that thunder and I wasn't thinking logically :-)) !
I had the rice again today and it tastes better plus ,the sun's out too! London looks lovely.
Wednesday, August 04, 2004
Thunderstorms in London
Posted by
Sunrayz
at
11:40 am
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)

|