Last saturday was the last day of my gospel singing classes. The class had to give a small performance of sorts, to a small audience. Aj and S heard me sing and then off we went to sample what we could catch of Europride 2006. And boy,did we have FUN!! :)
We spent most of our time on Old Compton Street where a street party was on in full blast! The Rainbow flag above a pub called? Surprise, surprise- Comptons!
I swear to God the guy with the white cap had his tougue out for like the longest time while we all went click,click!
It was a very HOT day even by Indian standards. This guy knew how to dress for the occassion+weather!!
The lady 's dress was made of recycled stuff- mainly beer bottle caps. She had such a lively attitude - we were all smiling at her and she was so gracious! I wonder if she had actually had a sex change operation.
Now this guy- S and I ran and stood next to him and got our photographs taken.Then I wanted one of him alone, for the blog. He continued to stand with a very boring look on his face (must've thought we are some crazy tourists going ga-ga with our cameras). I then shouted 'Smiiiillle' and, check out that smile people! ;)
Then we started dancing on the street-the music just rocked. These two were dancing right in front of us. The guy on the shoulders was wacky and was a supporter of the Brazilian football team due to play later that night. The guy below didn't seem tired or uncomfortable carrying his mate. Maybe he was high on beer or... love!
A last look at the street- packed with people having a good time. It was non stop dancing and fun. People from the LGBT community mingled with the rest of us. Of course, it helps that there are many good looking men not wearing a whole lot. Oh,well. It was just amazing to be part of the experience ! More pictures with great descriptions at Jay's. Next year-I am going to party longer on the streets.
|