Mumbai has a special place in my life. It was the last time my dad, my mum and I were a family. Before moving to Bangalore we lived there for 5 years. At times I feel if we had not moved he
would not have died. I know it is a remanent of my childhood fantasy. He would not have got on to the scooter and had a fatal accident...that was not to be. Borivili was where we stayed. I remember going to Akbarallys - which must be something like the precursor a mall or superstore before it became common. Going to the beach was another frequent event in my life. I wish my sister could be there too. If only she was born earlier!
That's the reason every time the city has a tragedy I feel bad-it feels like a personal loss. The news of the Mumbai train blasts is just so sad. Just thinking of it makes me feel so hopeless about the having any sort of stability or peace in my lifetime. Hope those who are injured and those who have lost family and friends find the strength to go through this harrowing time...
Picture: BBC website 
Wednesday, July 12, 2006
Posted by
Sunrayz
at
8:38 am
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)

|