Tomorrow will be day 1of a 2 day training I have to do. I am the only trainer!! I have done many before but always had a co-trainer. But there is always a first for everything! Preparations are almost done. The training is for community level moniters who do the health survey of moms and newborns. The topic will be on maternal mental health. It will be interesting to see what I get to hear as the study area has a predominanatly tribal population. I have made it a fun training with role plays and fun activities to get the point across. Sometimes I get stuck because if entire training is in Hindi but hey, no other way to learn I guess. Let's see how it goes. After this I have to do this in two more sites.
The power situation has improved so there is cold water to drink! That is big relief. Hopefully it will stay that way. I also got to see two episodes of 'Sex and the city' yesterday on HBO. It felt kinda strange to watch it in a town where there is not even a single decent restuarant to have a cup of tea and where if you ask for a cold drink you get a luke warm drink :) Needless to say I enjoyed watching it a whole lot.

|