Sometimes you have the strangest of conversations in places you don't expect to have them. This happened to me today , about 10 mins back. I was sitting by the computer, hoping to connect to the internet. R, who is the co-ordinator for the Sareikela district in Jharkhand walks in and says-
R- Madam, aapne Bachendri Pal ke baarein mein sunaa hai kya ? ( Have you heard of Bachendri Pal?)
Me-( For a moment I don't knwo who he is talking about.My mind races and realises that she was the first Indian woman who climbed Mount Everest.Why the hell is this guy asking me her???? Ask me about maternal health or mental health yaar, but I say...) Haan , sunaa hai, kyon? ( Yes, I have heard , why?)
R ( Smiling)- Meine unke saath kaam kiya tha. Aapka awaaz unke awaaz ke jaisa hai ( I have worked with her and your voice resembles her voice)
Me- (Seriously , I was stumped!- I mean what do you say. I didn 't know if I should say , 'yay baby! gimme a high five! ' He obviously meant it as a compliment - at least I hope so.) Oh.....( then I couldn't talk for a few seconds) Accha, thank you.
R- Theek hai madam. Ham chalte hain. ( Ok Madam, I shall go now)
Me- Theek hai.
Hmmm...my voice sounds like Bachendri Pal. I don't remember how her voice sounds but I hope for my own sake that it was at least nice :) ( Something tells me it was may not have been a sexy, come hither kinda voice)
Has any part of your personality, body been compared to other famous people ?? Please tell me.
It's more than 30 mims since I had this conversation and I am thinking - I wish he had compared my voice to someone more famous. I am so vain at times. Well, what the hell?!

|