I arrived safe and sound on Thursday night. It was remakable how my mood changed when I reached Banagalore.
Friday went by in a daze. I had to be in Mumbai the next day and I didn't have tickets.
Everything was sorted by Friday evening and I left on Saturday morning for my day trip to Mumbai.
The Indian EasyJet versions are truly great! Fantastic prices and good service.
I used Air Deccan and Kingfisher Airlines and the latter has personal TV screens for each seat.Was completely taken aback.
The Mumbai trip was made with long term plans on my mind so can't write much abuot it as I don't know how it will eventually turn out.
But I can tell where I went - I went to Dharavi- one of the biggest slums in S.Asia. 
The urban health project there is just amazing. The amount of work being done with such few resources was inspiring.
One of my interests is urban mental health and boy! was this a revelation...I hope someday I can work with the team there.
I met another team which is doing similar work in one of India's most backward states- Jharkhand. The whole day I kept thinking how much can be done with so little.
It was Sankranthi too and the skies were full of kites! I wish I had my camera to take pictures and say 'kaipoche!' ( which the kids on the street were screaming as they were trying to get their kites higher in the air).
Today I had a great sunday doing nothing. Unfortunately, there was not much happening on the India -Pakistan Cricket match. But I chilled out with my mom and sister ( have packed Aj off to Kerala! ). We hung out , went for a walk in the evening and ordered in pizza for dinner. Perfect.
Photograph by Robert Appleby at http://digitaljournalist.org/issue0204/city43.htm
Sunday, January 15, 2006
Posted by
Sunrayz
at
6:48 pm
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)

|