The glorified concept of womanhood usually makes me feel kinda cool.You know, stuff like how women are more perceptive, efficient, emotionally intelligent and the more evolved species than men.
But for about 10 days in a month, which incidentally is one third of any given month, I want to burn, shoot, rant and just be plain nasty to anyone/ anything who/that says anything related to the stuff I outlined above.
I hate my hormones and boy oh boy, do I hate the question ,'hey why are you behaving this way? Are you PMSing by any chance?'
The irritability, carb craving, and the sheer exhaustion of feeling wound up just tires me out. I think I manage things better when I am working. Considering I am a qualified shrink you would think I handle my raging emotions a little better. Well, I apparently don't.
The fact that my laptop is still getting repaired and the weather getting worse is not helping. Laptop should be back by Thursday,fingers crossed. That should improve things.
What does one do when there is no internet and TV? One reads.
So here are the books I have finished-
- Watching the English: Rules of English Behaviour By Kate Fox ( Good read to figure out why the English behave the way they behave)
- Food of Love by Anthony Capella ( Trashy Mills and Boon kinda book but gives a good overview of Italian cooking. I have read only one Mills and Boon book when I was in 8th grade and had to leave it half way. Many of my friends were reading them by the dozens but I found them very sexist. My friend Ro and I preferred Sidney Sheldon's in our 7th/ 8th grade!! Ro,if you read this you remember those days,right?)
- Living to tell a tale by Gabriel Garcia Marquez ( I like his writing on most occassions but they do tend to tire me out at times. I think it has something to do with the translation from Spanish to English. Probably the flavour of the book is lost in translation. The book is a fascinating look at Colombian history.)
I am currently reading-
- Death in Brazil by Peter Robb ( So far, it has been great. As I didn't know much about Brazil, I am learning a whole lot. Plus am I glad India never had to be under a dictator/military rule)
- Back on the road- A Journey Through Latin America by Alberto Granado ( A follow-up on Che Guevera'a 'The motorcycle diaries'. Looks like the theme in my corner of the world is South America! )
Books on its way via Amazon-
- Small Island by Andrea Levy ( It has won the Orange Prize for fiction. And it was recommended to me by a friend.)
- Wild Swans: Three Daughters of China by Jung Chang ( Was on my must read list for awhile so I am looking forward to reading this one).
The recent 'New York Review of Books' had some great articles too.
I think I will have to read something for the kids here as part of the Halloween do. I am at a loss at what I should read. Am unable to think of any Indian author who write horror stuff for kids. Lets see what I come up with. Does anyone who read this have any ideas?
Meanwhile I am going back to feeling blah....blah....
Tuesday, October 25, 2005
Felt irritated for last four days, felt low till day before, felt relieved and tired yesterday and today I feel 'blah...blah...'
Posted by
Sunrayz
at
4:32 pm
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)

|