Thursday, March 10, 2005

Special day

It's unbelievable.
I have known Aj for nearly 7 years.

We have had a long-distance relationship twice during that period.
One of them was between Bangalore and Mangalore (2 years).We met once every 2 months.
Another between Delhi and London (one and a half years).We met thrice during this period.

We both progressed from being doctors to psychiatrists during this period.

We overcame one severe illness( really bad time ,I thought I lost him) when Aj had a bad bout of tuberculosis which he got while working with an alcoholic with open tuberculosis.We also saw through many smaller bouts of illnesses.

We overcame most of the family opposition,almost.
We celebrated many professional achievements - my scholarships + admission to do Public Health at the university of my choice, and his gold medal for his post-graduate studies + research at London.
We had many bad times with financial worries and other bullshit.
We became better individuals. We learnt to truly celebrate our differences (and boy, are we different !).

We managed to have the wedding of our choice- a registered marriage with a lovely reception for our closest family and friends- only about 120 people ( that's like not having a wedding according to Indian standards!), in our favorite city, Bangalore.
Today is the day we celebrate our first wedding anniversary!
It's been an amazing year and I wonder....why did'nt I get married earlier? :)