

This year's Indian entry at the Oscars is 'Little terrorist', nominated in the 'live action short film' category.Read more about the film here. I hope Ashvin Kumar gets the Oscar.
In the popular category I am hoping 'Hotel Rwanda' sweeps the Oscars ( wishful thinking I guess). But seriously, if 'The Pianist' could get Adrien Brody the Oscar for best actor then Don Cheadle should get it for 'Hotel Rwanda'.I just hope people are not 'stuck' in the Nazi genocide -it's time to remember past tragedies and be aware that the atrocities have not stopped after Auschwitz.I wonder why Auschwitz get so much of publicity till date and other genocides are almost forgotten ? It is probably because the people who were victims under the Nazis, are in the seats of power. Genocide is still going on at various parts of the world, and movies like 'Hotel Rwanda' will keep us aware of the atrocities which continue in Darfur,DRC Congo,Palestine and many other places.
Photo: From 'Little Terrorist',BBC Online
Saturday, February 26, 2005
Indian entry at the Oscars
Posted by
Sunrayz
at
11:46 am
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)

|