Thursday, August 19, 2004

Rains and wistful feelings

I am sitting here,on the bed, at 1130 in the morning,looking out of the french windows which makes up for almost one of the walls of the flat. It is raining so heavily that I am unable to see anything clearly through the windows.
Looking at the rain falling on the windows is making me feel wistful.
Keane singing 'Everybody's changing' on the radio is adding to the mood.

Thoughts of Bangalore,Delhi,Bhuj,Bhuvaneshwar and Puri are making their rounds.
The eucalyptus trees outside my home in Bangalore swaying during the rains, the potholes on the roads, children getting wet and frolicking in the rains,getting wet riding my TVS Champ,and drinking hot tea looking out of the balcony.
South Delhi during rains in all its glory- India gate, Rajpath, Lodhi road, the numerous ruins looking glorious,the thick greenery that surrounds these places and the humidity which makes you feel so damn alive.
Bhuj during rains and its dusty roads suddenly looking clean, rains across the desert surrounding Bhuj is like an 'endless' site, with no tree or houses to mark the intensity of the rains.The bright colours of the clothes worn just completes the picture.
At Puri, the rains pouring down into the angry sea, blurring the horizon and , the huge waves almost reaching me (when I thought I was safe) making me feel vulnerable and excited to be a witness to this experience.

As I am blogging this, the rains are receeding. I think I will have some hot lemon tea- comfort for my soul.