What did you have to listen to when you did you didn't have a job or have a lousy job?
Has anyone told you about how you should be grateful for having a good husband or nice kids or good or good health or to just have job even if it sucks?
Being a doctor, the whole 'good health' issue always made me wonder-
if I had an illness would that give legitimacy to be sad or angry or upset?
Better still, if I was dying, say due to cancer, would my feelings of anger or sadness be granted legitimate status?
But what about those who have chronic illness like mental illness, autoimmune disorders or other genetic disorders? Is death worse than chronic illness? Is not having a job worse than having a chronic illness?
Do we feel (more) bad for the family left behind rather than for the person who is dead.
Is not having a job worse than having lousy job?
I find myself asking these kind of questions when I am in a tough situation. Though I realise that having good health is the most important asset one can have, but when I am having a bad time, it doesn't help me.
Sunday, February 03, 2008
Posted by
Sunrayz
at
12:05 am
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)

|