Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Re-surfacing!

After an absolutely crazy month things are finally settling down.
It did help that I packed in a trip to India :)

Stuff I did while I was there-

Books read:
The book thief- Markus Zusak
Blink- Malcolm Gladwell
The long tail- Chris Anderson
The last Mughal- William Dalrymple ( still reading this one)

Movies watched:
The Bourne ultimatum ( predictable but nice)
Cheeni Kum ( by far one of the best movies I have seen this year)
Chak de India ( feel good movie with a good dose of women power)
The pursuit of happyness ( again, predictable but worth a dekho !)
The namesake ( liked the book better)

Places visited:
Bangalore ( which rocks, as usual)
Fort Kochi ( stay at the Old Harbour hotel if you go there- an amazing place- that is so unlike all hotels I have stayed so far)
Kumarakoam ( God’s own country- truly)
Alleppey ( to visit the father-in-law and his two cats and one dog)

Rest and relaxation: Slept at least 8-9 hours a day with an afternoon nap thrown in. Facials and massage plus other beauty treatments. Brilliant!

Relatives and friends visited: NONE!! I planned it this way and absolutely no regrets. I so needed the ‘me’ time.

Time spent chit-chatting with mother
- LOTS!

Going to India in the Dusherra - Diwali period makes complete sense BTW. Have decided to be there for the period next year too.

Now, back to regular blogging ;)