Saturday, August 05, 2006

The conflict in Lebanon has held my attention since it started. Just reading that 45% of those dying (on both sides, but with a significant proportion of them being Lebanese) are children made me feel immensely sad. At times like these I feel like I can't help in any way. But,I can. Maybe too many of us are thinking that we can't do anything. I had to go for the 'Ceasefire Now' protest organised by Stop-the-War-Coalition. Have gone for their major protest at the start of the Iraq war. This one was as lively as the earlier ones. There was shouting, chanting, booing at 10 Downing Street, keeping children's shoes at Downing Street and at the Cenotaph. The police say there were 20,000 people while the coalition says there were 100,000. I am sure the actual number was in between the two quotes. Aj and I felt that maybe something will happen,so many of us were protesting...can't lose hope,yet.

Note: Just discovered Picasa's 'Create Picture Collage' option and used it for this post. I think it is really cool.