Among the many reasons for irregular blogging have been -
I have a job in the UK ! Finally. It is a part-time job in academia and includes teaching which I quite like.Pretty pleased with myself for now.I wish I could earn more for what I do but isn't that a constant refrain many of have.I guess my fretting is complicated by the fact that I know I could have gone back to clinical medicine.But, I am discovering the joys of having a part-time job. Back home I couldn't even dream of having a part time job.Just for this experience it was worth coming all the way here.
The second reason, is that I have been training to do a charity walk this coming Sunday. I will be walking 10km to raise money for helping people with HIV/AIDS. My target is to raise a modest £250 at the end of it. The decision to finally ask folks to donate was complicated by the fact that I have been dealing with a chronic pain on my left flank ( apparently kidney stones) since April this year and didn't know if I could complete a 10km walk. I have been able to walk 5km without any problems and over the next 3 days I will increase it to 7.5km. Many how-to-walk manuals suggest that if you can do this without too much problem, 10km on the given day wouldn't be a problem. Fingers crossed.
The third reason, for irregular blogging being that, I have been watching too many DVDs of 'Sex and the City' (SATC)!! I recently became a member of a local DVD library and since then have been unable to control my urge to watch SATC. I devoured the first 2 seasons. But after that it got predictable. I knew that the women would get into relationships where the men were weird or lacking in some way or the other. Even the risque scenes got predictable. So, I jumped to the last season and got it over with. The last episode felt like straight out of Bollywood. However, despite all this cribbing I must say that I will probably go back and watch episodes I left out this time. Loved the fashion and the female-bonding aspect of the series.
Meanwhile, it's back to the walking now.
Wednesday, July 26, 2006
Posted by
Sunrayz
at
5:14 pm
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)

|