Today I got a rejection letter.
I had applied for a PhD studentship at one of the universities here and they wrote back saying they can't call me for the studentship but would like me to apply for PhD in other streams.
Well, I now need to look at other funding options I guess. Have got so many rejection letters that now I don't feel v.v.bad. I feel a little bad and then I tell myself, ' another rejection means you are closer to your dream job because the door has to open sometime'. I am convinced being a doctor and a psychiatrist works against me at times. Oh, well.
But, in the pigeon hole , along with this rejection letter there was another envelope :) We got tickets ( £ 65 each reduced to £ 12.50 each) for the Eric Clapton concert at the Royal Albert Hall next Tuesday!!!! Yahoo! So, there is some justice in the world afterall. Phew!
Just finished reading this book a couple of day back. It was a refreshing to read about stuff I don't have a clue about. Ukraine is definitely one of them. Though the story is about Ukrainian immigrants living in the UK it does give a generous peep into Ukraine's past. Lewycka writing is simple and unpretencious. It is comic but in a poignant way. When I read a book, I tend to identify with some character the story. In this book there were no characters I could identify with. I found myself empathising with almost all the characters. Would I recommend it ? Yes, of course. 
Thursday, May 18, 2006
Posted by
Sunrayz
at
6:41 pm
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)

|