Have reached India. The flight from London to Calcutta took me 12 hours with a stop over at Dubai. I then took a 6 hour journey by train to Jharkhand. Calcutta has grown. I had seen it 10 years ago - many more new developments and busier. I am here in a remote town in Jharkhand and it feels- HOT! But it is great. It felt great to travel in a 2nd class compartment of Indian Railways. Lots of memories came back. I will working in Keonjhar , West Singbhum and Sariekala districts in Jharkhand and Orrisa in a maternal health program dealing with maternal mental health. It is a predominantly tribal area something new to me.Lets see how it goes. I will be posting via email so may not look at comments. But do leave comments :) And Mint-if you read this - belated Happy Birthday!
Tuesday, April 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)

|