Sunday, March 12, 2006

tagged

D&A have tagged me!

They are in no particular order or priority. I wrote them as I was thinking, so I guess I have forgotten some of the stuff I wanted to write...

So, here goes...

Seven things to do before I die:
Watch some sort of a major sporting event (maybe Olympics in London!) live
Become a long-distance runner (run at least a half marathon)
Learn Spanish
Do a course in creative writing and use it constructively!
Own a house
Travel to Japan, Brazil, Spain and maybe China
Not feel guilty/anxious over choices relating to (balancing) career and family

Seven things I can't do:
Cook seafood
Have a superficial friendship ( the 'oh-let-me-be-nice-to-her-because-I-don't-know
-when-I-can-use-him/her' variety)
Drink Guinness beer
Spend more than a max of 10 mins in front of the mirror
Go to sleep without reading for awhile
Forgive those who took me for granted more than once
Drink cold milk

Seven things that attract me to Europe:
Cobblestones
History
Sense of being at the centre of a ‘happening-world’
The true multicultural experience- music, literature, food...
Great public transport
No power cuts and regular internet!
Great radio

Seven good books :
The Alchemist- Paulo Coelho
The Global soul- Pico Iyer
The Reader- Bernard Schlink
The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency series- Alexander McCall Smith
Rebecca- Daphne du Maurier
Out of Place – Edward Said
Freakonomics- Levitt and Dubner

Seven good films:
Hollywood:
Shrek
Touching the void
Whale rider
Frida
Bollywood:
Black
Rang de Basanti
Mr.and Mrs.Iyer

And, I am not tagging anyone :)