Thursday, August 25, 2005

Year book!

So the folx working on our year book finished their work today.

Here's what they wrote about me (I have written stuff to explain details people wouldn't know in bold)-

- Real and straight down to earth introduction of…do you remember the first seminar? Do you remember someone speaking like an Indian machine gun trying to explain the complexity of psychological support in conflict? Do you remember THE slide full of arrows going everywhere, millions of actors, and the speaker saying IT IS QUITE SIMPLE!?

- Having a new friend that is a psychiatrist MARRIED with another ONE could be a big challenge! Remember how Chambers(an invited lecturer) in the class of PHC (Primary Health Care) was NOT impressed by the combination of 2 doctors of mind and soul in one marriage? (Well, the guy was taking-the-piss (like the British say) on psychiatrists and then he asked 'are there an psychiatrists here?'and when I told him that I was married to one, he was not convinced that all was fine between Aj and me-just imagine this interaction when a class of 55-60 students are looking on...I wanted to kick myself hard for opening my big mouth!) However, I soon gave in to this baby-faced Bangalore princess.

- A third of London’s international students are from India and China, but we only have one. She went into psychiatry because it was the part of medicine that was least like medicine. Now she deals with the kind of problems that make infectious diseases look beguilingly easy.


Though I felt like 'gosh, I sound like such a boring woman', I was happy with what was written except...except...BABY -FACED...
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......not baby-faced!! I am not baby-faced.....
GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....................!!

So what kind of stuff was written in your yearbooks?

I have to stop here because the song 'I am a believer' ( From 'Shrek' OST) is on the radio and I want to dance !!