OK. One more on the language front.
Before I go any further I was taken aback reading a whole lot about Malayalam and Kerala. Wikipedia has a mal edition! I can't help but say - Unf***ingbelievable!
Onto the snapshot.
Phone rings.
It's my father-in-law's sister on the phone ( she is older than him so we are talking of a lady who is atleast more than 64 years old).
I am hanging around wondering -
1. 'Is this rain for real?! I mean, it rains non-stop and life just goes on!'
2.' Is it humid or is it me? Is it uncomfortably sweaty or is it me?'...
Father-in-law(FIL): 'She wants to talk to you?'
...3.'Yikees! Is that a millipede on the floor? Why did I get married? F*** I am outta here'
FIL: (Looking at me)
Me: (Thinking 'oh shit!')Yes...
Aunt- in -law ( I don't if I can call her that): ' Yada yada yada yada yada yada ... malayalam ariyouo ... yada yada...'
Me: Hmmmmm....hmmmmm....( Meanwhile FIL is looking at me with an expression that somehow reads like - just don't screw up big time, ok?)
AIL: yada, yada, yada ...aj, anno?
FIL (takes the reciever back and continues talking to his sister)
Aj( smiles): So what did she say?
Me: I think she asked me if I knew malayalam and that I should visit her with you
Aj ( gives me a look which reads 'yeah, right!)
FIL( puts the reciever down and looks at us): She says she would like you to visit her
Me (Give Aj a look of 'see, I told you so' and walk away thinking 'Yes! Yes!')
Sunday, August 14, 2005
Snapshot 2- 'Malayalam ariyouo?'
Posted by
Sunrayz
at
10:34 pm
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)

|