Thursday, May 12, 2005

Eye candy

One of the big advantages of going back to studies after you have worked for a while,got married and all that,is that you suddenly get to see many good looking men of various colours,shapes and sizes. They maybe clean shaven or be sporting an attractive stubble. They sometimes are bespectacled and look all nerdy or intellectual.They might be realllly well built and worked out and at times they are sloppy. Then there are the types who wear their centre-to-left leanings on their sleeve (read - 'save trees', 'stop-the-war', 'yes-for-lesbian-n-gay-rights', 'rights-for-Palestinians' t-shirts with worn our jeans and a pair of worn -out brown shoes)- and yes, I always try to look at what their t-shirts say. I try looking discreetly and at times I shamelessly look at them, spot-on! What the heck, I want to know what is written on your damn t-shirt! Now since my college is purely for post-graduate, I see older guys. Which.... is GREAT! Suits me,thankyou very much. Now most of these men are very,very welcome eye candy for me and my friends.

Today me and G sat in the last row and stared at out current fav eye-candy. A medic who has turned to public health from Africa. He had this most adorable smile and was wearing glasses and looking all knowledgeable and stuff. He was teaching us how important it was to look at the context(developed Vs.developing countries) in which maternal mortality is related to breech presentation (i.e. when the baby decides to get out arse first, which usually leads to all sorts of complications for the mom and ends in a caesarean section)and G and me were hissing on about whether he was married or not,if he had a girlfriend or not, if he was as intelligent as he looked, how his accent was soooooo sweet blah, blah. And we did'nt get caught or anything as we had a lot of small group discussions through out, so we were able to gossip 'legitimately'. Later I was raving about him to R and she said,'I thought he was gay, isn't he?'. Surprisingly that didn't change our interest in him AT ALL. He continues to be our eye candy.Unfortunately, this study unit ends in just under three weeks :)What can I say- getting back to studies has its advantages.