Saturday, February 19, 2005

My birthday achievement !!

I made this promise to myself that I would walk (have a chronic problem in my right knee because of which I have not attempted to jog/run) 12 km ( as my birthday falls on the 12th of February) on my birthday. I decided that I needed to have some sort of a goal for myself and physical fitness seemed to be something I could work towards. So I started going pretty regularly to the gym,took the 10,000 steps a day mantra seriously and took a little care to eat more healthy than I normally did.

So the 12th of February came and I kinda relaxed- went to Newington Green, ate two heavy meals and hung out with Aj and my dear friend F!I thought I was pretty lazy not to have done anything about my goal on my birthday...but I was very tired after the two assessments I had the week before, had an exam the day before my birthday- was so tired.

But, I did achieve my goal the next day. Thanx to three of my classmates who decided they wanted to see parts of London. So we started , four women, wearing walking shoes and warm clothes,from Camden town. We walked along the canal (Camden canal and Regent's Canal) upto Little Venice.From there we went up Edgware road, stopped for a quick Lebanese lunch and then walked parallel to Oxford street, turned into Soho and reached China town where the Chinese New Year celebrations were on in full swing. From there I walked home to Bloomsbury! I had walked more than 12km. It left me exhausted for a day. But the levels of satisfaction - cannot be described in words. Felt so good! Next year I will do it better.