Well this post will make my readers' eyebrows go up in surprise (at least I hope so!).
So I walk into Beveridge Hall,for my introductory lecture on 'Health Policy'. Sat down with three of my classmates,one of them being R, who is from the USA (she and me are hanging out together quite a bit). Within five minutes after the lecture began,R started whispering to me.G who is from Germany and, is this serious doctor, was sitting between us.
So,I bent towards her and asked her,'what?'.
She said,'look to your right,far right.'
I did,bent again and asked her,'what?'(lecture in progress and G looking down at us disapprovingly).
She said,'the tall woman with blond hair-who do you think she is?'.
I looked at the woman under scrutiny.Her face looked familier,resembled someone famous.I bent back and said,'who the hell is she?'(G was positively squirming this time).
R said,'that's John Kerry's daughter.She is doing the 'MSc Health Policy,Economics and Financing' course' in our college.'
I did'nt get up from my bent position and my mouth was open. G (who was behaving holier-than-thou) also bent over with his eyes wide open. G and me then looked up, and kept looking at Ms.Kerry Jr.G eyes were filled with awe and for sometime, I was behaving like a regular celebrity-hungry kinda woman and staring at her repetitively (trust me, you would too if this kinda thing happened to you in the middle of a boring lecture!).
She looks a LOT like her dad. She is apparently a doctor,graduated from Harvard University (she would have got in anywhere she applied,right?).
We were later gossiping that if her father does win,then she is preparing for a place in shaping the health policy of her country!I don't know if the staring was obvious, but she left before the lecture got over ;-)
Thursday, October 07, 2004
VIP in our midst
Posted by
Sunrayz
at
8:39 pm
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)

|