
This is the cover of the new album by Vanessa Mae, titled, 'Choreography'. She has been given the distinction of being a pioneer in a genre of music called,classical crossover.This album has tracks inspired by dance from all over the world.And...I saw her!!
I had forgotten that we had booked tickets to go see her at the Royal Festival Hall.On thursday we went and saw her performing.The hall was packed. And she looked good. Frail almost,like most young stars( she is only 25 now and she apparently gave her first performance when she was 10 years old- a child prodigy!).
I first heard her music about 2 years ago and felt that it was very energetic. Her music sends an energy through you and revs you up.The concert had many of these moments when one felt like jumping up and dancing.But....it was very predictable music. Her music starts slowly, reaches a crescendo and stops abruptly-at least most of her pieces.I think I enjoyed Trilok Gurtu much more-he was more original.But I still love to listen to Mae's 'Best of Vanessa Mae' tape I have.Some of the tracks on that are simply too good. 
Saturday, October 23, 2004
Vanessa Mae
Posted by
Sunrayz
at
1:56 pm
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)

|