Today, Aj had time off in the afternoon and so we met up in Liecester Square.
I had to pick up something for a friend and Aj came from hospital. We went looking for the Prince Charles Cinema(PCC) - which, by the way, is the place to see movies dirt cheap in central London- tickets range from 3- 4 pounds (otherwise it costs between 7-8 pounds) and movies which run there are movies which have just left the mainstream cinemas (obviously ,that's why it's that cheap,right?). So, we went there and the movie which Aj wanted to watch since the time it was released , had started 3 mins ago. Which movie was it ? Kill Bill 2. I wanted to go home and do my editing work (must write about that someday) and thought Aj would support that. And as I was processing these thoughts- he had walked up and bought the tickets. Well, one is powerless, when the one you love is in love with Uma Thruman :-)!!
So went and saw it. It was as violent as Kill Bill 1 and,longer. I was closing my eyes many times as I found it too violent at times (and no,it is not childish to do that!). Not as crisp as Vol.1 but , you have to watch it to complete the sequence. I will not be watching it again.
As we walked out of PCC there we heard women screaming. It was because Tom Cruise was in Leicester Square for the UK premier of is new movie 'Collateral' !!!! We tried a little to get through the crowds but could'nt. So we had to be happy with watching him sign autographs and smile for the camera ,on a screen which was put up just 10-15 feet away from him. He had satisfied all my teenage visions of how a hero should be as Maverick in 'Top Gun'....but since then my interest in the man has waned. Oh well, you can't have everything ,right!? 
Thursday, September 02, 2004
Cheap movies in London,Kill Bill 2 ,and, the day I almost saw Tom Cruise...sigh...
Posted by
Sunrayz
at
8:02 pm
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)

|